Carrots and sweet potatoes add natural sweetness and creamy texture to this tasty comfort soup. For best flavor, make the soup a day or two in advance, and reheat over medium-low heat.
3 Medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled (I prefer Japanese sweet potatoes)
3-4 Large Carrots, scrubbed
1 Large Sweet Onion, peeled
Salt, pepper to taste
2-4 cups Veggie Stock or Chicken Stock
1/4 – 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut all veggies in 1 inch chunks, so everything is about the same size. Toss sweet potato, carrot and onion chunks with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare jelly roll pan with olive oil. Spread out veggies in single layer in pan. Roast for about 25 minutes or until fork tender, stirring about halfway through.
- Working in batches, process in VitaMix or food processor all of the roasted veggies together with your stock, adding stock a bit at a time until desired consistency. Add in pumpkin pie spice if desired. VitaMix will heat the soup for you, or you may need to heat the soup in a saucepan if using a food processor.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, or store in fridge or freezer until needed. Enjoy!